Friday, May 3, 2013

Kate's Final Speech

Look at Kate's final speech and the picture of marriage it creates, is this a Christian view or not?

There are many different directions that you could go when evaluating this question.  The Bible says that a wife should yield to her husband.  But the husband should not be cruel like Pertrucio was to Kate.  I think that it depends on the situation.  In this particular situation, yes.  It is a Christian view.  Because it works for them.  It is that special bond that holds them together and keeps them from strife.  But, not all situations are like this.  I'll give 2 examples.

1.  What if the husband is so indecisive or makes terrible decisions??
2.  What if the husband is abusive?? 

My, final statement on this is, yes it is a Christian view.  In this situation that Kate finds herself in.  But, keep in mind that there are always exceptions.

2 comments:

  1. You answered some unasked questions... But I suppose that's not really a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I agree with Jacob

    ReplyDelete